Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey

I confess.  I've read it.  Fifty Shades of Grey was suggested because the book is "all the rage."  I can understand why it is:  Sex sells.

Did I like it?  Not especially.

I know there was a plot in there somewhere; there's a story longing to be told.

I'm guessing that if I bought the sequels (this is the first of a trilogy), I might find out a bit more about how the main character came to be like he is.  The trouble is that E.L. James spends so much time describing the strange bondage sex lives of the main characters that she forgets to concentrate on what is actually important--the story.

I was disappointed.  I don't plan to waste my reading time on the rest of the trilogy.

1 Comments:

At April 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM , Anonymous Katie @Can't Get There said...

I added it to my To Be Read list for the same reasons - everyone was talking about it! - and then had the sense to read the first chapter online before I did anything rash. I couldn't even finish the first chapter. Twilight might not have been high lit, but at least it was (mostly) readable.

 

Post a Comment

I love to hear from readers: what you think or what you're reading.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home